As an IT software and project developer you will work in an enthusiastic team. Together you develop applications for a rapidly changing Research landscape - an exciting and multifaceted challenge!
- You use your IT skills to support our team in realizing research projects, in order to ensure data flow and data visualization tools optimisation.
- You design, develop and maintain code for high-quality, reusable and reliable software applications.
- You identify and correct bottlenecks, and resolve bugs.
- You launch new functionalities.
- You monitor code quality, organization and automation.
- You take care of one or more technologies: from web, mobile apps and APIs to micro services, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- You become familiar with specific software that is used for research projects.
- You embrace our values: can do, customer focus, involvement, focus and openness.
- You are driven and eager to learn, and you are result-oriented.
- You can work well in a team, and like to share your knowledge and insights.
- You easily make logical connections, and you dare to question things.
- You have a computer science or ‘informatica’ degree
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch or French, and English.
- You have a good basic knowledge of clean code and apply it correctly.
- You are familiar with:
- test driven development
- object oriented programming
- domain driven design
- software design patterns
- databases and data warehousing
- Depending on the technologies you are going to work with, you are familiar with or willing to learn:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools, especially Access and Excel
- Relational databases such as Oracle, NoSQL databases
- Askia programming, data visualization such as PowerBI & Tableau
- Mobile apps, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- A rapidly growing SME with a close-knit team of 45 employees;
- plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development;
- a contract of indefinite duration and an attractive salary package;
- a position in a responsible, socially committed organization where diversity and inclusion are the norm;
- the possibility to work part-time (80 or 90%).